Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Being Real


I am not sure how people that don't have Christ make it.

Does the belief in evolution give a quiet peaceful spirit?

What about chanting to buddha?

Praying to allah five times a day?

taoism? hinduism?

At the end of the day, up against the wall, at the end of the rope, what is it that gives hope?

Evolutionists say it is pure survival instinct, that as animals we are only trying to promote our species....so we dig deeper and try harder because instinct controls us and we have no choice.

Muslims strive for moorish purity so that they will end up in paradise, dying for the cause insures that paradise, virgins, plenty, etc...

buddhists (sp?) and taoists, and hindu's say that the more humble we are the more karma we produce and so we'll be better off after our reincarnations....but if we screw up too much we may come back as something that forces us to be humble....

All of these religions are based upon works.....

I find it amazing that so many people are deceived.

Satan has twisted so many of God's plans.
None of it could have been twisted though if mankind had not accepted these deceptions.
Eve was willingly deceived and Adam even more willingly allowed the deception to grow, then with sin and fear in their hearts they both passed the buck and so Sin is introduced into the world.

I read one time that sin is a blood born disease, that it is passed down from Adam and Eve and that there is no escaping it, that does explain how even as infants we strive for self.

That is why Christ, the Son of God, came to be a man, one that could experience the infection of sin, He being God remained pure and denied sin. He willingly allowed Himself to be beaten and killed...so that our sin could be forgiven.
He gave it as a gift.
All we have to do is believe it, and then follow His commands.
It is not enough to believe, the demons KNOW that He is God.
We must strive to follow Him...thru studying the Bible, which is His word,

His grace, His gift allows us to come to Him.
Once we have accepted Him, He will give us strength to clean up our lives, we can't do it first and then come to Him, because we can't escape our sin nature, it is in our blood.

This is the most important issue that we as brother and sister must address. Truth, knowledge of God is in all of our hearts....

The hope and promise of eternity is the prize, goal, end..?

Do we choose to wallow in our fleshly sin? even though in the still part of the night when we wake up and can not go back to sleep, when we lay awake thinking
we KNOW that God's way is the only way....why do we go back to wallowing?
Just like an addiction the first step to kicking it is admitting it.... it is hard to admit that we were wrong, that our chosen lifestyle has been wrong.

So what do we do? We get pissed. We use our self righteous anger to fuel our words....how does that jerk think he can judge me?
Then we equate our anger and the support of our peers with TRUTH! and how dare you even think of judging me?
So we bury ourselves deeper into our lifestyle and we hope that it will be enough to drown out that quiet voice that speaks to us in the deep of the night....and for the most part it works. No doubt it will continue to work for most.

One thing to put into your heart of hearts, God promises us that every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

That fires me up!

I hope it sends fear into the soul of every pagan that hears it. God's word says that knowledge begins with the fear of the Lord.

Do I fear God? You better believe I do.

Do I always live like it......no, shamefully I say no. I am a wretched sinner, I fail my God constantly......but.....I do continue in my faith that He will always be the footprints in the sand of my life.

5 comments:

jcw said...

Wondered when you would start a blog again!

jcw said...

I have managed to fix the problem of anyone following me back to my blog. Thanks for letting me know that could happen. Of course, Jeff's wife let me know that, too.

missy said...

ooh!! you're at it again. waiting for some political posts.

Smooch all for me.

Missy

Kathy, Jeff's Wife said...

I thought you were going to start blogging again?

;o)

jcw said...

this is a test